Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finally Finished!!!


YES! IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!!!

I'm going to ride the wave of excitement over the completion of my broken dishes quilt for a while. I'm soooooooooo happy that this quilt is finished and is in use right now.


front

front close-up

back

back close-up
 I still wish that I had chosen to do some straight line quilting on this one, but I guess I'm not as disappointed with the fmq as I was when I first started it. This is only the second quilt that I've made for my house, so I'm excited to see it get used and washed, etc...

I hope I have inspired you to finish one of your long term WIPs. I know I feel better having accomplished what seemed like a herculean task - and my kid is happy with it.  Happy Sunday!




10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your quilt! It`s a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new finish!! Love the broken dishes pattern!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a nice pattern. Thanks, Kelly.

      Delete
  3. Good for you. My fav pic is Pen all cuddled up and cozy in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it too. She enjoyed snuggling in the quilt yesterday afternoon.

      Delete
  4. The back looks just as cool as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you decided to pull it out and finish it! It turned out wonderful and I bet it's gotten quite a bit of love already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cheerful quilt. Such great colors. Isn't there something about quilting your own quilt that makes you smile? :-D Even when mine aren't perfect, I know that I actually did it. (And running them through the washer and fluffing them up does wonders at hiding my mistakes!) I think your quilting looks great. Fabulous job.

    (MonaPut on Flickr)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...